December 3, 2008

Prop 8: The Musical

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die


We interrupt this hiatus to bring you: Proposition 8, the Musical!

I really wanna see a cast list for this; talk about an amazing group of actors!

LA Times linked to a pretty bad review, and proceeded to gather really nasty comments. Sigh.

One quote I have to address:

First off I voted No on prop 8. That being said I find it incredibly ironic, and hypocritical, that we have people who claim to be more understanding and tolerant of others views, the liberal actors, labeling and ridiculing people with opposing views.


Let's stop and think about this for a moment. "You're intolerant because you don't tolerate my intolerance!"

If someone had made an intolerant about people of color, or women, or any other oppressed group, progressives would speak up against it, and it wouldn't be intolerant, it would be calling out bigotry, which is what progressives do. Hell, when out-of-line comments about Mormons and blacks have been made by progressives in the wake of Prop 8, there has been someone there to call them out on it. I will gladly be tolerant of your beliefs. I will not tolerant your using hate and lies to remove my constitutional rights.

I'm not even sure that was a coherent argument, as I spent all day today doing college essays. Four down, three to go. I'm going to go watch the musical again.

No comments: